Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sunny Greetings from Copenhagen!

I know I promised to make my last 100 days in Europe special and I will hold myself to that promise.  In theory it'd be nice if I could blog about something everyday... but I still have to have time to do important stuff like my jobs, homework, and also enjoy my time with the people and places I love most in Europe before it's all over.  I still haven't figured out how to balance all of those things without the blog, so that's why I'm not going to be posting everyday.  Also, I was home sick with a cold from days 98-96 and who really wants to hear about that? Luckily that cold couldn't keep me down for long. So now... what you've all been waiting for... an adventure- finally!
Here I am in Copenhagen!




Days 96-93 are being celebrated in the great city of Copenhagen, Denmark with my partner in international crime, Margaux and another friend we know from Vienna named Irena.  Since my arrival in Copenhagen, I've been whisked under the efficient arms of this funky little city.  I haven't wasted a second here because it's so user friendly.  The pace here is fast but not rushed, it's built for tourists of all kinds but still doesn't sell out it's local and home-grown charm.  

Since it's late and I'm a little tipsy off of a couple (or several) mojitos I've decided to post some pictures of today's highlights.  (This is also for those of my illiterate friends who will not be named). 




Starting the day off right at a cute little cafe called The Living Room.   Organic everything, a great place to people watch, smoke free, free wifi and just around the corner from our hotel.  Doesn't get much better! 
Not a bad way to drink your morning beer, get your vitamin D and maybe a date for Saturday night.  This just goes to show you how efficient Danes can be.  
Copenhagen is the most biker friendly city in the world... So  why wouldn't we rent some bikes and break a bunch of laws?  Hey at least we got to see more of the city. 
Taking in some sunshine at Nyhavn.  Not a cloud in the sky today! Irena (left) Margaux (right) 
Turns out you don't have to go to Disneyworld to see the real Little Mermaid... she's right here in Copenhagen! 
Irena did a great job playing tour guide. Margaux's method is just to "follow her heart"... which hasn't always got us to where we need to be.  Either way, we had a good time :-) 
We visited the free state of Christiania.  For those of you who have heard of this...(In the famous words of Margaux H.) this was a purely anthropological experience and no experimentation was involved! Cameras are NOT allowed past this sign (something they aren't kidding around about). For those who have never heard of Christiania- think a Disneyworld for hippies and pot heads.   
That's all for today, friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment